One thing that differentiates Black Belt Solutions is our focus on solutions that draw the right data and eliminate the bad. We use a unique approach to create a Business Intelligence Strategy that works.
Step 1: Assess the Current Business Intelligence Ecosystem
You need a baseline to know where you are headed.
We talk to all the players in your current BI ecosystem – department managers, stakeholders, users, and the IT team. The goal is to answer a series of questions like;
- Do you have a BI vision and how does it align with your corporate and IT strategy?
- What solutions are you using and what value do they have?
- How coordinated are your BI players and is there function overlap?
- How do you handle data management and data governance?
Our business intelligence analysts also compile a SWOT analysis to identify your main assets and opportunities.
Step 2: Create the Business Intelligence Vision
Give your strategy a purpose and direction. There is no strategy without a vision. It gives your team a sense of direction by manifesting itself in crucial decisions. With this in mind, we create a BI vision statement that includes information like:
- Who will be in charge of the BI processes?
- How will we deliver and support BI solutions?
- What type of infrastructure will we provide?
- How will the BI Strategy align with your corporate and IT strategy?
Step 3: Establish Governance Processes
Business Intelligence governance is about defining the scope and implementing BI infrastructure. Governance processes are made up of three components i.e. a BI governance team, design and development of BI infrastructure, and user support.
- BI Governance Team: We involve people from different levels and define their roles, responsibilities, goals, relationships, and functions
- BI Tools and Lifecycle Management: We create a framework for supporting BI efforts.
- User Support: We train your team, set up a feedback process, and determine how to address issues quickly and efficiently. Our user support frameworks cover data education, business, and tool support.
Step 4: Build a Business Intelligence Roadmap
We create a roadmap for implementing your BI strategy.
The roadmap highlights deliverables at different stages of the strategy implementation. It helps business leaders visualize all areas of the BI strategy including analytics, adoption, and training.
Step 5: Effective Business Intelligence Strategy Implementation
We use the guidelines laid out in the roadmap to implement your new BI strategy. The process starts with design a work breakdown structure that ensures every step is identified, scheduled, and budgeted for. We work with the right people in your organization, and keep you informed as the project unfolds.